We’re looking for a Web Developer to take the lead on front-end development with a focus on UX.
We're a growing SaaS startup based in Berlin that builds and supports software for technology partners in the US, UK, Australia, and New Zealand.
We're bootstrapped, financially sustainable, and proud of it.
Are you a web developer in Berlin? Come work for us!
We’re looking for a web developer to help us build the best user experiences. That means keeping our customers happy and helping them use our products to achieve their goals. We're obsessed with building a high-quality user experience on a high-quality codebase – this is where you can have the biggest impact.
Alongside the opportunity to help us build out and improve our flagship product, this position offers you the chance to be part of a growing company. We’re invested in helping our employees increase their skills and experience, and to providing a progressive and supportive environment. Plus, you’ll get exposure to building a great SaaS product.
- Take the lead on new UX topics.
- Identify and document business requirements in collaboration with our Customer Success Specialist and CEO.
- Sketch UX concepts through multiple iterations until the team is impressed.
- Fix issues that arise.
- Watch your work go live and get used by over 300 of our clients.
- Plus other technical topics and projects where your experience and interest prove useful. (This could include development opportunities beyond the front-end.)
Good user experience intuition. (You should be able to make a clear case for what constitutes a good user interface design and what does not.)
- Highly motivated.
- A creative problem solver who is solution-oriented.
- Close attention to detail.
- Communicative and open-minded.
- Technically oriented and interested in learning new technologies and skills.
- Someone who thinks ahead, identifies problems before they occur, and suggests new solutions and approaches.
- Able to work effectively both within a team and independently.
- Confident about diving-in and taking on challenges without waiting to be told what to do.
- Fluent in English with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Eligible for work authorization in Germany.
Our technology stack
- Python, Django, Celery
- Heroku, CloudFront, RabbitMQ
- Stripe, Sentry, Librato, Papertrail
Our current offices are in the Technologie- und Innovationspark Berlin (TIB) at Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25, 13355 Berlin. The nearest U-Bahn station is Voltastraße (U8). We’re also in the process of looking for larger offices which will be located in one of Berlin’s central neighborhoods.
This is a full-time position. Compensation will be consummate with experience.
Sound like a team you want to be part of?
Shoot us an email with a brief summary of your experience and why you’re interested in this position as well as your CV as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'd also like you to send a piece of code you've recently written that you're really proud of. This could be something you contributed to an open source project, an answer you posted on StackOverflow, or just a short snippet – a few lines that illustrate your passion for clean, reliable, and thoughtful solutions.
Know someone who would be a great fit? Send them right here or to our listing on Berlin Startup Jobs.